Licensed Clin Social Worker - Behavioral Health-Urgent Care
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A licensed Clinical Social Worker is required to have certification and licensure in the state of NJ as an LCSW. He/she must demonstrate clinical expertise in individual, family and group settings. He/She is responsible to complete psycho-social assessments for all patients on the unit in compliance with professional as well as state and federal regulations. He/she is expected to perform as an integral member of the treatment team.
*Must be able to support adult and pediatric urgent care behavioral health patients with mood disorders, anxiety and depression.
A day in the life of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Performs psycho-social assessments that comply with professional guidelines.
- Displays competency in theoretical knowledge during treatment team meetings and assumes responsibility to communicate same to team.
- Displays competency as individual, family and group therapist.
- Assumes responsibility for assisting with education of nursing and other staff as appropriate.
- Participates in social work internship program to level of ability
- Assists discharge coordinator and utilization case manager with difficult cases in a manner that encourage growth and development.
- Maintains own professional development as required by professional licensure regulations.
- Represents patient’s needs and clearly and objectively in team meeting. Assists patients in a manner that promotes autonomy.
- Works closely with patient and his/her family and team to overcome obstacles to discharge and to achieve an acceptable discharge plan.
- Maintains and updates personal knowledge of community resources.
- Serves as a liaison between inpatient unit and community providers of care.
- Is aware and demonstrates an understanding of patient safety issues.
- Psycho-social assessments are done within 72 hours of admission.
- Progress notes are completed according to state and federal regulations for every group, family intervention and individual session.
- Treatment plan is updated with pertinent information according to stare and federal guidelines.
- Works effectively to maintain budgeted length of stay.
- Keeps Manager informed of extended stays and barriers to discharge.
- Conducts utilization case management support when needed to support continued stay.
- Manages times so as to complete all assignments within schedule work time. Is flexible in meeting needs of the role.
- Serves as a role model to the multidisciplinary team.
- Provides re-direction and information in a positive and helpful manner.
- Seeks assistance form and offers assistance to other members of the multidisciplinary team within the confines of his/her job description.
- Communicates effectively with other members of multidisciplinary team about milieu and program management issues.
- Current and valid LCSW in the State of New Jersey is required
- Master’s Degree in Social Work is required
- Prior experience required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.