Lead Client Tech Specialist
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The successful Lead Client Technologies Specialist will architect, design and configuration of the end user computing environment for Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH). Primary duties include Active Directory, Group Policy, Desktop Operating System design, configuration, and maintenance; problem, procedure, and process analysis and documentation; and project management, leadership, and complex project task work. Handles tier 2 and 3 incident support.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1 “Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of a Lead Client Tech Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Top Project Priorities Milestones: a. Complete job assignments for IT Governance projects and IT projects to ensure achievement of established project milestones. b. Adheres to established PMO project methodologies; Specifically, around defining plan, build, deploy steps and progress to completion.
- Professional and Behavioral Standards: a. Consistently live out the commitment to the HMH tenets of service excellence that Customer Centered, Service Focused, Quality Driven, Resource Wise and Growth Oriented. As illustrated in daily interactions with staff, faculty, physicians, patients and their families and others outside of HMH. b. Maintains a professional appearance for both themselves and their work environment
- Customer Service and Departmental Goals: a. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives. b. Adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. c. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations. d. Triages escalation of incidents and requests; resolves/routes to appropriate person/dept. e. Builds positive relationships with managers and staff in all areas. f. Provides a satisfying customer experience by interacting in a kind and pleasant manner. g. Prioritizes and responds promptly based on severity levels to needs of the customer. h. Proactive/timely recognition of opportunities for service recovery to resolve issues.
- Client Technologies Technical Expertise: a. Architects, designs, configures, maintains, and documents Active Directory (and/or google equivalent). b. Architects, designs, configures, maintains, and documents Group Policy. c. Architects, designs, configures, maintains, and documents client operating systems. d. Architects, designs, configures, maintains, and documents thin client computing systems. e. Creates strategy and design for end user computing environment. f. Manages the incident and services queues assigning work as appropriate. g. Manages tickets for incidents and requests. h. Packages and deploys desktop applications. i. Configures and maintains system management tools. j. Analyzes, documents, and publishes systemic problems and resolutions. k. Develops processes and framework around systemic problem management. l. Manages projects from beginning to end. m. Creates and develops projects as needed. n. Manages IP address assignments. o. Installs and deploys applications and hardware. p. Organizes and maintains tools. q. Reports for emergency response and performs tasks assigned. r. Maintains team web site. s. Develops, documents, and publishes metrics and reports. t. Develops presentations for customers and staff. u. Creates process maps and related documentation. v. Documents procedures. w. Provides training and coaching
- As needed, may also assist with any of the following: a. In conjunction with manager, oversees development plans for staff. b. Responds to requests for tier 2 and 3 incident support. c. Maintains objects in Active Directory (and/or google equivalent). d. manages permissions in Active Directory (and/or google equivalent) e. Architects, designs, configures, maintains, and documents file shares and quotas f. Analyzes, documents, and publishes device problems and resolutions. g. Develops processes and framework around device problem management. h. Performs after hours incident support. i. Designs, configures, maintains, and documents enterprise anti-virus tools. j. Performs research and development for applications, hardware, and operating systems. k. Validates client application functionality. l. Documents and scripts application installations. m.Tracks and manages budget. n. Develops client device operating system images. o. In conjunction with manager, performs team member disciplines and rewards. p. Creates, deploys, and manages permissions for file shares. q. Designs, configures, maintains, and documents end user operating system images. r. Maintains license management systems. s. Maintain image deployment application. t. Designs, configures, maintains, and documents application and operating system patch management. u. Designs, configures, maintains, and documents WINS and DNS services (and/or google equivalent). v. Policy documentation. w. Designs, configures, maintains, and documents print server. x. Proactive client problem detection. y. Provides project leadership. z. Requisitions equipment and supplies. aa. Assists manager with time and attendance management.
- Continuous Improvement and Financial Management: a. Constantly monitor the work environment for opportunities for improvement and implement improvement initiatives. b. Help prepare operating, capital and project budgets in support of IT financial workflow.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 or more years of IT end user support and systems experience
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies and practice
- Ability to utilize tools to define and track progress of initiative like Sheets and Excel.
- Ability to collaborate with team members across IT and the enterprise.
- Knowledge of HMH Behavioral Expectations for Service Excellence; Utilize Customer Service and Quality principles and theories.
- Customer services skills, communication skills, critical-thinking skills, judgment, detail-oriented, listening skills demonstrated
- Enterprise desktop support, enterprise systems management, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policy, computing hardware, computing software, troubleshooting skills, independent thinking, problem analysis, technical documentation, staff leadership, project management, ITSM management.
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Support; MacOS Experience; ChromeOS; Microsoft Active Directory and networking services; Ivanti- LanDesk; laptops, mobile devices, printers, telephones, etc.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills related to investigating and resolving customer concerns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- ITIL v3 2011 Foundation; Microsoft Windows 7 Configuration; Microsoft Windows 10 Configuration; MacOS Configuration; and/or ChromeOS Configuration Certification(s) are required or must be obtained within one year of hire date.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.