Lab Assistant - Jersey Shore University Medical Center
We are hosting an upcoming interview day for Lab Assistants at Jersey Shore University Medical Center to take place in late August
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration!
Registration is required to attend.
Candidates who qualify will receive further instructions
We have Full-Time, Part-Time and Per Diem positions available!
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Lab Assistant at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Responsible for specimen handling, accessioning and processing of specimens.
- Prepares and stains slides.
- Processes and accessions specimens according to protocols.
- Provides support to the Technologists as needed.
- Provides assistance to physicians and nurses regarding specimen collection.
- Responsible for instrument functions and troubleshooting.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates Degree or Some college preferred in related sciences.
- Hospital, University, or Private Lab experience as a Lab Assistant and/or specific experience and knowledge in specialty area strongly preferred.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment is required.
- Must be detail oriented.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.