Lab Assistant, Histology
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- The Lab Assistant is responsible for specimen handling, ordering and collection of specimens.
- Provides assistance to physicians and nurses regarding specimen collection.
- Directly assist Pathologist’s Assistants and Pathologist in STAT procedures such as frozen sections, imprints, fresh specimens.
- Daily reconciliation and filing of blocks and slides.
- Daily maintenance of histology equipment (tissue processors, stainers, and cryostats)
- Prepares tissues for disposal.
- Prepares specimens, slides, and/or blocks for send out to reference laboratories.
- Responsible for instrument functions and troubleshooting.
- Provides support to the Histotechnologist as needed.
- High School Diploma required
- Associates Degree or Some college preferred in related sciences
- Hospital, university, or private Lab experience as a Lab Assistant and/or specific experience and knowledge in Histology strongly preferred
- Computer literacy is required
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment is required
- Must be detail oriented
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.