IT Asset Management Administrator III
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation. The location for this position can be flexible, North or Central Jersey.
The IT Asset Management Administrator III will act as a leading subject matter expert of Asset Management principles, concepts and practices. Responsible for managing process and standards for IT assets, control costs, and optimize both IT hardware and software investments throughout their lifecycle. Scope of work includes but is not limited to the administration of configurations, budget, orders, project milestones, vendor quotes, and license tracking under minimal to no supervision. Expected to handle complex issues and problems.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1“Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of an IT Asset Management Administrator III at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Reports for emergency response and performs tasks assigned.
- Creates process maps and related documentation.
- Develops new processes.
- Documents procedures.
- Provides training and coaching.
- Manages tickets for incidents and requests.
- Develops presentations for customers and staff.
- Manages projects from beginning to end.
- Maintains team web site.
- Develops, documents, and publishes metrics and reports.
- Creates and develops projects as needed.
- Manages the incident and services queues assigning work as appropriate.
- Manages and reconciles application licenses.
- Purchases application license and validates usage.
- Coordinates a physical inventory and tracks all hardware devices.
- Tracks and documents purchase against budget.
- Organizes and maintains equipment, parts, and tools.
- Coordinates with appropriate technical teams to create, document, and publish hardware standards.
- Documents stock and tracks all incoming and outgoing goods from inventory.
- Obtains quotes.
- Creates and processes purchase requests.
- Assesses service requests for proper resolution or assignment.
- Tracks shipments.
- Performs vendor selection and management.
- As needed may assist with any of the following:
- Managing development plans for staff.
- Provide project leadership related to Asset Management.
- Collaborate on annual capital equipment inventory and annual space inventory.
- Manage device loan program.
- Performs life cycle management.
- Taking and maintenance of budget.
- Ship equipment as needed.
- Follow surplus processes for disposal.
- Manage warehouse inventory and access.
- Perform discipline and reward.
- Document and contribute to policy creation.
- Assign project staff.
- Schedule staff as well managing time and attendance.
- Project Priorities Milestones:
- Complete job assignments for IT Governance projects and ITS projects to ensure achievement of established project milestones.
- Demonstrates practical knowledge of project management principles and tools.
- Adheres to established TS PMO project methodologies (if applicable).
- Constantly monitor work environment for opportunities for improvement and implement improvement initiatives.
- Help prepare operating, capital and project budgets in support of the ITS financial workflow.
- Customer Service and Departmental Specific Goals:
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives.
- Adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards.
- Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Triages incidents and requests; resolves or routes to appropriate person or department.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills related to investigating and resolving customer concerns.
- Builds positive relationships with managers and staff in all areas.
- Provides a satisfying customer experience by interacting in a kind and pleasant manner.
- Prioritizes and responds promptly based on severity levels to needs of the customer.
- Proactively/timely recognize opportunities for service recovery and acts to resolve issues.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or other related IT/health field; or a minimum of 4 or more years of experience working in an equivalent technical multi-discipline management position.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of experience in a technical multi-discipline management.
- Prior asset tracking experience.
- Strong organizational and independent thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with technical documentation.
- Ability to compute hardware and software.
- Requires leadership skills, judgment, creativity, and comprehensive knowledge of the field.
- Ability to manage problems, build collaborative relationships and drive strategic direction.
- Proven maturity and strength in team leadership, team building, and communication, coaching, and providing timely essential feedback to others.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively address problems, situations and meet deadlines.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) tools experience.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM).
- Certified Hardware Asset Manager (CHAM).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.