Infrastructure Engineer IV
The Infrastructure Engineer IV maintains the organizations IT infrastructure, which may include hardware, software, servers, storage solutions, networks, or physical facilities. Accountable for all engineering, architecture and strategy of enterprise storage and virtualization in the companys data centers and facilities. The role spans the data center, cloud and desktop spaces as they tie to virtualization and storage provisioning/process/procedure implementation. Handles the most complex issues. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter. Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring and training to lower level Infrastructure Engineers.
1. Maintains the organizations IT infrastructure.
2. Configures, installs, maintains, and provides support for critical software and hardware components.
3. Monitors system availability and troubleshoots and resolves connectivity interruptions.
4. Measures and improves performance and scalability.
5. Helps develop disaster recovery or business continuity plans.
6. Responsible for basic management of storage solutions.
7. Produces documentation for systems and procedures.
8. Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new trends.
9. Provides mentoring, guidance and general oversight to less experienced Team Members in a variety of Infrastructure Design, Implementation, Training and Administration.
10. Ensures compliance with audit or other applicable compliance guidelines.
11. Keep up on industry trends and current technological standards, tools and operational considerations.
12. Make suggestions for process, implementation and performance improvements and drive results.
13. Virus Management, Assist in the day-to-day tasks critical patching, vulnerability remediation, meeting desired state and configurations.
14. Must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift or on-call schedules when necessary.
15. Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.
16. Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
1. Bachelors degree preferably in Information Technology/Math/Computer Science or related field.
2. Six or more years of experience in an Information Technology department in a similar role.
3. Knowledge of windows Server Operating Systems.
4. Knowledge of Security concepts and technologies, including PCI & PHI understanding.
5. Knowledge of VMware, vSphere and Horizon View.
6. Knowledge of enterprise-scale patch management & related maintenance methodologies.
7. Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DBS, DHCP & DFS.
8. Knowledge of Enterprise storage, EMC, SAN, NAS.
9. Knowledge of network principles, protocols & Technologies.
10. Knowledge of Horizon View VDI Citrix virtualization technologies.
11. Knowledge of EMC Avamar backup & Recovery Including DR.
12. Ability to multitask and strong analytical skills.
13. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
14. Problem solving and critical thinking skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
15. Strong organization skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.