Grant Program Coordinator
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Grant Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the coordination/administration efforts of post InCK collaborative agreement award. Under the supervision of the Mgr., Pediatrics Program, these activities will include but are not limited to collecting and maintaining data, coordinating meeting, coordinating site visits, drafting letters, assisting with report writing and the maintenance of administrative systems.
Essential Job Functions (List in order of importance):
- Drafts cover letters/reporting acknowledgements. Coordinates contract reviews and approval with legal department, requests establishment of new funds from support services department.
- Collects and maintains data for funded project support, follow-up, and reporting.
- Maintains and expands award files, which include incoming and outgoing correspondence, media documentation, award funding newsletters/reports, quarterly reports, event invitations, internal program and subject information, relevant periodicals, etc.
- Develops and maintains administrative systems to ensure the tracking of critical information pertinent to grant programs and proposal development (i.e. deadlines, submissions, reporting timeline, close outs).
- Manages master calendar and tickler system for grant deadlines, submissions, and reporting.
- Collects data and information including project and program information, equipment and budget information.
- Coordinates site visits when required by CMMI.
- Coordinates meetings with internal and external constituents for program development, regular updates on current program development.
- Assists in the dissemination of information regarding funding agency requirements, and related information to project partners, principal investigators, and hospital staff. Documents opportunities disseminated for leadership reports.
- Assists with grant reporting and ensure attachments are complete.
- Assist in completion of year end reports for leadership, tracking program goals.
- Assists internal staff in use of online grant systems for submission and reporting.
- Liaison with sub-recipients on program implementation through toolkit and policy, financial reimbursement and timely completion of progress reports.
- Participates in Partnership Council Clinical Subcommittee and Coordinates NJAAP and Clinical Subcommittee activities.
- Handles stewardship letters to funders (i.e. program updates, press releases, articles, and photos).
- Promotes and demonstrates cooperation and understanding to foundation common goals.
- Demonstrates effective, open and timely two-way sharing of program information, ideas, and opinions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve work processes and outcomes.
- Must be able to work independently with prescribed parameters, while maintaining close liaison with Principal Investigator and co-lead organizations
- Handles information ethically, accurately, and confidentially.
- Flexibility to occasionally work after regular work hours to meet grant proposal deadlines.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Contacts: Regular contact with all HMH personnel and its visitors.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area.
- Superior organizational and administrative skills, detail oriented.
- Excellent listening and oral communications skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in database management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.