Epic System Specialist
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and cost effective solutions.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting, highly motivated team player functioning within a team that is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and supporting the EpicCare Ambulatory application.
This position is for the Beacon (Epic Oncology system) System Specialist. Nursing or clinical background helpful.
- Master both the respective Epic module and the relevant operational workflows.
- Develop and maintain Epic course curriculum along with all training materials for the respective Epic application.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of workflows to properly develop training curriculum and related materials.
- Complete build and test in the proof of concept (POC) environment for new system build.
- Build, test, and maintain the Master training environment.
- Ensure all classroom training and related training materials adhere to current Hackensack Meridian Health policies and procedures.
- Conduct training for all new and existing staff utilizing Epic in preparation for system activation
- Teach additional credentialed trainers and super users who will assist with classroom training for end users; this will include monitoring the trainerÂ¿s adherence to course curriculum, knowledge of applicable workflow, and overall Epic system knowledge.
- Design and develop end-user competency exams.
- Lead training efforts stemming from software upgrades and updates; Coordinate closely with system analysts in order to develop proper training in consideration of all end users roles to ensure effective training in advance of software updates and new version releases.
- Provide hands on support to system end users with learned application knowledge and documents project issues.
- Participate in testing and workflow validation of all new systems and modifications before implementation into the production environment.
- Maintain customer service orientation and responsiveness.
- Obtain certified proficiency within each assigned Epic application module.
- Communicate effectively with project leadership, team members, and customers.
- Assist application analysts in gathering end user requirements by working directly with operational leaders and their staff.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution with strong record of academic achievement, preferably in adult education and/or professional discipline (i.e., nursing, pharmacy, etc.).
- A minimum of three years of experience in a health care environment with strong knowledge of operational workflow.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to write and edit curriculum for all roles that require training and create job aids and other training materials.
- Must possess solid interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to spend significant time leading classroom training and must be able to present the material clearly and with confidence.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and attend numerous meetings.
- Self-motivated with the ability to quickly learn new concepts and job requirements as well as handle frequent change.
- Willingness to travel overnight for educational classes and work non-standard and/or extended hours.
- Must achieve and maintain Epic certification in both Epic application modules as well as Epic Principal Training certifications.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.