Epic Credentialed Trainer
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Epic Credentialed Trainer delivers education and training programs to all team members to support the strategic goals of Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH). Works effectively with Information Technology (IT) Systems Specialist/Principal Trainer(s) to become credentialed to teach several Epic courses and/or modules. Responsible for training and supporting clinical and administrative information systems application education via classes and may provide one-to-one training for clinicians. Will translate an understanding of the Epic System EMR and apply best practice in the delivery of end user education.
A day in the life of Epic Credentialed Trainer at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Maintains credentialed status with Information Technology to ensure that new curriculum is taught as enhancements and upgrades occur.
- Plans, schedules, and presents end-user education for Epic curriculum.
- Conducts continuing education sessions and new team member training.
- Conducts Epic Training Classes on a scheduled and as needed basis and provides one-to-one support to team members.
- Provides support for the roll out of EPIC training to end users.
- Delivers educational offerings based on adult education learning principles.
- May participate in the review of changes for Epic upgrades and analyses for dissemination.
- Assists in maintaining Epic Training Class Schedule and corresponding attendees.
- Assigns and distributes e-learnings for Epic modifications and changes.
- Adheres to following standardized templates for lesson plans, manuals, tip sheets, and other materials used by trainees.
- Surveys students concerning the training program and recommends and implements innovative ways to enhance the effectiveness of education.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to ensure training quality and consistency.
- Collaborates with the Epic IT Training Manager and IT System Specialists in curriculum development.
- Ensures all users are properly trained and able to demonstrate proficiency in the Epic system prior to gaining access to the production environment.
- Leads Login Labs for end-users upon completion of their training, providing system credentials, supporting initial login, and verifying correct system access.
- Coordinates training materials, developing playgrounds/practice environments, and relevant refreshing schedules.
- Develops and presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
- Provides ongoing support to team members on EPIC (or other) systems.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in education, healthcare, another related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience in clinical support and/or design and delivery of teaching adult learners in a classroom setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft office computer skills (i.e. Outlook, excel, word, etc.).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Prior experience with Epic.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.