How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The EAD/MPI Coordinator's main functions, in accordance with hospital policy and/or regulatory standards, are evaluating patient health information, performing patient merges and completing chart corrections and contact moves in the southern campuses of Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Access Directory/Master Patient Index and facilitates synchronization with other applicable applications. Assists in reviewing, analyzing and providing reports for performance and quality assessment and improvements.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1 “Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of EAD/MPI Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Runs reports of potential patient merges to ensure ones that need to be updated and corrected are identified.
- Investigates patient information in multiple systems, calls patients, and compares signature specimens to determine if a merge or unmerge is appropriate.
- Performs contact moves as necessary such as making corrections by moving encounters from one patient to another due to possible errors made by clinicians.
- Oversees and assigns chart correction tasks in applicable systems and communicates with other department personnel (physicians, nurses, technicians, etc.) as needed to ensure completion in other ancillary systems in a timely manner.
- Advises supervisor and/or manager of situations requiring follow-up.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of HIM departmental policies and procedures used in maintaining the EAD/MPI.
- Verifies, analyzes and merges any cases reported on an Ad-Hoc Report on Duplicate EAD/MPI numbers. Ensures appropriate communication to all parties involved in duplication instances in an effort to maintain synchronization of indexes throughout.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in health care or related field.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficient in learning computer systems.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associate degree or higher in health information management or related area of study.
- Minimum of 3 years in a health information environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Chart correction experience.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Registered Health Information Technician or Registered Health Information Administrator Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.