How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
As a part of our professional team of clinicians, the Dialysis Technician will be responsible for measuring and recording stats, patient observations, machine set up and more. Our Dialysis Patient Care Technicians work under the supervision of nephrology nurses to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatments for patients. They are often the teammates who have the most “one-on-one” time with patients in the facility.
A day in the life of a Dialysis Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Administers and monitoring dialysis treatments under the supervision of RNs
- Initiating and terminating dialysis treatment
- Cannulating vascular access
- Documenting treatment in HER (ACES)
- Monitoring vital signs and dialysis treatment, communicating changes to RN
- Troubleshooting dialysis machine alarms
- Addressing patent needs throughout the dialysis treatment, communicating issues to RN
- Stocking supplies
- RO trending and water testing
- Other tasks as needed
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- CPR/BLS by the American Heart Association is required
- Dialysis Technician experience is strongly preferred
- Dialysis certification is required for experienced technicians that have been working as a dialysis technician for 18 months or more
- Excellent communication skills are required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.