Database Administrator Iv
The Database Administrator IV provides database administration for Microsoft SQL Server/ Epic Cache/ Oracle including administration, replication, backup/restore procedures and related components such as Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration services, in addition to providing support for databases outside of SQL. This level IV position is usually assigned the larger more complex jobs than the lower level Database Administrators and this job demonstrates extensive knowledge of all aspects of Database Administration.
1. Take ownership of problems through to resolution over a wide variety of systems and technologies.
2. Ensure internal database systems are managed to the highest standard by following industry best practice.
3. Performs work with a high degree of latitude.
4. Handles the most complex issues.
5. Demonstrate problem management ownership and prevention of downtime.
6. Provides mentoring, guidance and general oversight to less experienced staff in a variety of database design, administration and/or modeling activities.
7. Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction.
8. Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following: designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases; leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts; developing management policies, procedures and standards; and business requirements identification, analysis and development.
9. Actively contribute to the development of existing and new IT process and procedures to enhance service transition and service operation lifecycle stages.
10. Demonstrate self-starter capabilities identifying areas of improvement and taking action in order to address service impacting issues.
11. Provide operational support for the Epic Cache/ Oracle/ Windows/SQL Server database environment.
12. Database backup/restores, daily checks, maintenance tasks and building new database instances and applying service packs.
13. Manage and escalate problems as appropriate and Investigate defects or problems, work with infrastructure and external vendors to identify solutions and support any fixes that are required as part of service improvement.
14. Follow the Change Management procedure and other standard practices in installing, configuring and supporting databases and related items in Test and Production environments.
15. Ensure service uptime is prioritized and all faults, incidents and problems are responded to in an efficient manner without negatively impacting SLAs and reporting metrics in place.
16. Upgrade or maintain software at a time when the impact to the business is minimized.
17. Other duties and/or projects as assigned. 18. Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
1. Bachelors level degree or equivalent in Information Technology/Math/Computer Science or related field.
2. A minimum of six years of experience.
3. Analytical skills, communication skills, adaptable, and flexible.
4. Windows Server Operating Systems Security concepts and technologies, including PCI & PHI understanding .
5. Active Directory, Group Policy, DBS, DHCP & DFS. Enterprise storage, Enterprise-scale patch management & related maintenance methodologies.
6. Network principles, protocols & Technologies.
7. Epic Cache, Cogito, Oracle, SQL and other database technology platforms, backup & recovery, including, Disaster Recovery.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.