How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
A Cook is responsible to provide wholesome foods for the Food and Nutrition Department, checks temperatures and ensures all food safety compliances are met. Follows all guidelines for food storage, sanitation, food and preparations.
A day in the life of a Cook at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Ensure all issues on quality and quantity of foods are met for our patients and retail operations.
- Assures the proper amounts of food are prepared.
- Completes production sheets after each meal.
- Plans cooking schedule in-conjunction with supervisor, to ensure food will be ready at specified times.
- Monitor food production.
- Ensure Plate presentation, equipment safety, documentation compliance and team work.
- Follows recipes and food production sheets
- Prepares food for Retail and patient operations
- Follows the direction of the Executive Chef
- Follows the direction of the Management team
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Cooking /culinary experience required
- Must be able to follow directions, regarding recipes adherence
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays when needed.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.