Coding Specialist II
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The Coding Specialist is responsible for coding and abstracting diagnoses and treatment procedures into codes using an International Classification of Diseases using ICD 10 CM & ICD-10 PCS, and/or CPT-4 codes. Abstracts data into computer. Responsible for DRG or APC Assignment utilized for hospital reimbursement and data retrieval.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1“Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of Coding Specialist II at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Codes data from inpatient records utilizing computerized coding system and medical record in paper or electronic format.
- Accurately selects the appropriate diagnoses and procedures to reflect the patient care for hospital reimbursement, research, education, quality assurance
- Codes and enters data timely by meeting productivity standards. Meets productivity standards for inpatient, outpatient or ED medical records
- Accurately codes and enters into computer system medical data from the medical record utilizing the computerized abstracting system to compile accurate and timely statistical data.
- Understands and follows query process
- Upon completion of coding, appropriately refers chart for 2nd level review
- Responsible for accurate documentation and maintenance of productivity log
- Assists in care and maintenance of department’s equipment and supplies
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3 or more years coding in an acute care setting.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) AHIMA approved.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.