Clinical Coordinator, Pediatric Neurology
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
- Maintains a communication system which ensures comprehensive and timely transmission of information to physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary team. Applies evidenced-based practice to make clinical decisions and establish standards of clinical specialty.
- Interacts with patients during physician office visits and via phone, assessing patient needs. Collaborates with treating physician and assists with developing evidence-based solutions to meet desired measurable outcomes. Documents all interactions, care provided and findings in the medical record.
- In collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, and the multidisciplinary team, participates in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for the patient population. Provides patient care including nursing assessments, applying clinical skills and critical thinking to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Facilities order entry for diagnostic testing, prescription refills and other patient instructions requiring physician signature. Acts as a liaison with other departments to clarify questions related to the care of the patient such as orders.
- Provides additional support to the physician including tracking results of laboratory, radiological and pathological studies, triaging results and alerting the Sub-specialists of significant findings.
- Serves as a clinical resource person to the staff, patients/families, and other team members across the continuum to evaluate complex patients and identify appropriate desired outcomes and interventions.
- Participates in the development of evidence-based guidelines/protocols that are utilized in planning patient care and monitoring achievement of patient outcomes.
- Participates in continuous process improvement efforts to improve patient outcomes, assures appropriate utilization of resources and increases patient satisfaction.
- The Clinical Coordinator RN, in conjunction with the Pediatric Sub-specialist and the entire healthcare team, oversees and supports the Pediatric Sub-specialty patient and their family. This care begins with the initial physician consultation and continues throughout the treatment continuum. The Clinical Coordinator is practice based and facilities all aspects of care, ensuring the patient has adequate education related to their disease state, has appropriate symptom management, and is referred to support services as needed.
- Current and valid New Jersey Registered Nurse license is required
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is required
- 3-5 years pediatric experience required, 2 years in office based practice setting preferred
- Knowledge of neurology preferred
- BSN preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.