Clinical Coordinator- Patient Flow/ Transfer Center
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare system.
As a registered nurse working in the Hackensack Meridian Transfer Center, you will be providing the best care for patients that require a transfer. You will facilitate their movement to the facility that best fits their needs, in the safest, most efficient manner possible. Excellent customer service skills and decision making are required to succeed in the Hackensack Meridian Transfer Center / Patient Flow department.
A day in the life of a Clinical Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health inlcudes:
- Manages appropriate placement of patients and transfer requests using clinical expertise, critical thinking skills -
- Demonstrates knowledge of unit specific admission criteria
- Uses documentation for logs, reports and system notes.
- Responsible for 3 way calls.
- Must be adept at multitasking in a fast paced office environment.
- RN graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Transfer Center experience or call center experience a plus.
- ED/ ICU or Ambulance Transport Nurse experience strongly preferred.
- 5 years of nursing experience.
- Must be able to manage multiple computer applications simultaneously.
- Utilizes appropriate communication skills in working with leader, team members and medical staff.
- Word and Excel experience preferred.
- Desired attributes: Self-motivated. Excellent oral, written, prioritizing and interpersonal skills
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.