Clinical Advocate/Nurse Navigator, Oncology - HOPE Tower
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The position will be based in the Cancer Center in the Hope Tower at JSUMC.
HOPE Tower – Jersey Shore’s new Healing Out Patient Experience - will provide a new healing outpatient experience for the community. Guided by a patient-centered approach towards care, and informed by the latest medical breakthroughs, HOPE Tower expands upon Jersey Shore University Medical Center's comprehensive services by providing a thoughtful and accessible health care experience.
A day in the life of a Clinical Advocate at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Coordinating care for a defined cancer patient population (hepatopancreatobiliary)
- Provides ongoing assessment of patient needs including educational, financial, psychosocial, nutritional, and clinical; connects patients and families to available resources within the health system and in the community, assesses patients for eligibility for clinical trials, and facilitates access to care
- Identifies new patients as they are diagnosed with cancer and offers navigation services
- Provides initial detailed patient/family needs assessment and periodic updates throughout the course of care
- Develops disease site expertise
- Provides patient and family education
- Connects patient/family with available resources in the health system and community
- Facilitates access to services
- Tracks and documents the flow of patients through diagnostic and treatment services. Case load will be based on disease site
- Monthly dashboard will detail activity
- Current and valid Registered Nurse License in the State of New Jersey is required
- BLS/CPR Certification by American Heart Association is required
- One (1) or more years of oncology nursing experience is required
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) is preferred
- BSN or currently enrolled in BSN program is preferred
- Previous navigator and/or survivorship experience a plus
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.