CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Sourcing for Physician Practices throughout Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex
Hackensack Meridian Health
is looking for
Talented Certified Medical Assistants for our Physician Practices!
Full-time * Part-time * Per Diem
Physician Practices are located throughout
Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex Counties!
We are seeking both experienced candidates as well as new graduates with externship experience
The Certified Medical Assistant will provide clinical care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice. The individual selected will serve as a liaison between patients and provider. Responsibilities will also include the handling of assigned clinical tasks and project work (i.e. EPIC implementation and pre-loading of electric medical records)
Types of general practices include: Primary Care, Internal Medicine, and Family Practice
Specialties include: OBGYN, Pediatrics, Surgical, Oncology, Urology, Urgent Care, Vascular, and many more!
Responsibilities of the Certified Medical Assistant Include:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. Smiles, making patients/visitors feel welcome and important; makes direct eye contact; assists patients with sign in process; responds promptly to patients’ needs, including assisting them with form completion; monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
- Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner. Consistently, accurately and independently prioritizes and completes clinical assignments within office guidelines. Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures, obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs; provides patient instructions per physician’s order; conducts authorized in-office tests.
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice procedure, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider. Rooms are cleaned and sanitized per protocol. Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment
- Responsible for front office tasks, greeting patients, checking patients in, taking copays, verifying insurance coverage and answering phones
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- MUST be a Nationally Certified Medical Assistant
- BLS/CPR certification is required
- Flexibility to commit to various shifts and travel between multiple locations within Monmouth/Ocean/Middlesex Counties
- Minimum 6 months CMA experience desired, will accept new grads with externship experience
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
Our Physician Practices are located in a variety of towns!
Some examples are: Manahawkin, Toms River, Brick, Jackson, Neptune, Tinton Falls, Shrewsbury, Eatontown, Old Bridge, Manalapan, Freehold, Perth Amboy and Woodbridge
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.