Certified Medical Assistant - Float Pool (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Our CMA's will provide clinical coverage across various practices in Ocean and Monmouth Counties as well as help with the implementation of the Electronic Medical Record.
*Must be willing to travel to various locations.
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
- Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs; provides patient instructions per physician’s order; conducts authorized in-office tests.
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice procedure, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider.
- Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment
- Will be responsible for assisting with preloading data into new EMR system. Data entry and medical record management
- Graduate of accredited school of Medical Assisting.
- National Certified Medical Assistant certificate required
- CPR certification
- MUST be able to travel between multiple offices within Ocean/Monmouth and Middlesex County
- Must be willing to perform administrative tasks of data entry and medical record management
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.