Asst Regional Practice Administrator
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Assistant Regional Practice Administrator will be responsible for the operational planning, implementation, and evaluation of assigned physician practices under the direction of the Regional Practice Administrator and Director.
The Assistant Regional Practice Admin will work with our pediatric subspecialty practices located in Neptune
A day in the life of an Assistant Regional Practice Admin at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provides effective leadership to practice managers to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Maintains effective working relationship with Practice Managers and physicians.
- Ensures that managers are fully engaged in maximizing patient and staff satisfaction and financial performance of the practice.
- Plans effective and efficient use of physical, financial, and human resources in assigned areas.
- Works with RPM regarding volume driven modifications to staffing levels and operating costs.
- Works closely with Directors of Finance and Revenue Cycle Services.
- Assures registration and billing policies are implemented in each practice.
- Works with RPM to develop, implement, and monitor annual budgets and established financial indicators.
- In conjunction with RPM, conducts regularly scheduled physician practice reviews consisting of practice profit and loss statements, and physician and practice operating indicators.
- Manages the established practice strategies and day-to-day operational activities of assigned practices.
- Assists in developing practice management plans including recommendations for practice strategies and policies and procedures to promote organization objectives and effective practice management.
- Works with physicians and managers to promote improvement in all areas of operations and implements process improvements as needed. Assists in recruitment of physicians and staff and development of new office sites. Obtains key start-up requirements including licenses, malpractice insurance, hospital privileges, and participation agreements.
- Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members.
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement.
- Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals.
- Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Involved in the development and/or management of budget for assigned areas.
- Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations.
- Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested.
- Develop, recommend and/or implement actions or process improvements as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- EPIC experience preferred
- Must have prior physician practice management experience of multiple practice locations; prior physician practice management experience
- Excellent organizational and communication abilities, handling multiple priorities, and working in a challenging, growing, stressful environment
- Leadership experience in healthcare- preferably ambulatory setting
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.