ANESTHESIA TECH II / Anesthesia Assistant
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Jersey Shore University Medical Center is a level 3 trauma center. We have 17 operating rooms. You get the opportunity to work with the best Doctors, Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Registered Nurses, and other team members. You will get the chance to work with state of the art equipment/machines. Along with our waiting room, a lot of our Operating Rooms were recently redone. The new Suites, provide team members with a fully integrated, high-tech operating room environment. The surgical suites were built to provide patients with the best possible care and the surgical team with the ultimate in ease and convenience. The team is now able to easily regulate the surgical lights, control the equipment used during laparoscopic procedures, take pictures, video, or DVDs to document pathology. This is a faced pace, high volume OR. We are open 24/7, so there is a lot of flexibility for this position. Anesthesia Techs/Assistants at Jersey Shore University Medical Center always celebrate our beliefs - Compassionate, Creative, Courageous, andCollaborative. Our team is flexible, friendly, dependable, respectful, and positive.
A day in the life of an Anesthesia Tech at Hackensack Meridian Health Incudes:
- Assists anesthesiologists in the Operating Room and prepares medications, IV solutions and transducers as per protocol
- Prepares for the insertion of the arterial intravenous, central venous pressure lines and Swan Ganz catheters using sterile technique under the supervision of the anesthesiologist and assists with induction of anesthesia and introduction of lines
- Draws blood sample from femoral line and performs cardiac output test
- Cleans and performs routine maintenance checks on anesthesia machines and turns on anesthesia machines and equipment
- Stocks and orders anesthesia supplies maintained in storage areas and acts as liaison between the OR, SPD and Pharmacy teams, assuring that the proper supplies and drugs are available
- Ensures that at the completion of all procedures, used supplies, equipment, syringes, and needles are moved to the designated area
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Knowledge of sterile technique, asepsis, and ability to apply such skills is required
- A certification as a Anesthesia Technician or Technologist is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.