How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of an Anesthesia Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health Incudes:
- Assists anesthesiologists in the Operating Room and prepares medications, IV solutions and transducers as per protocol
- Prepares for the insertion of the arterial intravenous, central venous pressure lines and Swan Ganz catheters using sterile technique under the supervision of the anesthesiologist and assists with induction of anesthesia and introduction of lines
- Draws blood sample from femoral line and performs cardiac output test
- Cleans and performs routine maintenance checks on anesthesia machines and turns on anesthesia machines and equipment
- Stocks and orders anesthesia supplies maintained in storage areas and acts as liaison between the OR, SPD and Pharmacy teams, assuring that the proper supplies and drugs are available
- Ensures that at the completion of all procedures, used supplies, equipment, syringes, and needles are moved to the designated area
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Knowledge of sterile technique, asepsis, and ability to apply such skills is required
- A certification as a Anesthesia Technician or Technologist is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.