The Population Health Analyst 3 will assist the manager of outcomes in implementing projects where technical and reporting specialization is needed. Be responsible for coordinating projects related to informational and technical needs of the outcomes department. Analyst 3 will assist in coordinating workgroups where technical proficiency is beneficial, work closely with EMR team and other vendors utilized by the ambulatory environment. Will work with outcomes manager to monitor project work of the analytics team tasks as assigned. Will need proficiency in data analytic strategies for structured and unstructured clinical and financial data using predictive modeling, data mining and visual analytic tools. The above will require the individual to develop, generate, and write database queries from various IT sources including but not limited to the EMR based reporting tools, various inpatient and outpatient electronic systems. Successful candidate must have deep knowledge of relational databases, querying tools including Business Objects and SQL. Analyst will support all data communications with external and governmental agencies
- Assists in the preparation and scheduling of the monthly and quarterly outcomes reporting
- Oversight of technical projects
- Coordinate technical projects between the other organizational stakeholders (EMR team, BI team, vendors) and the Outcomes team
- Regularly assists other team members in area of expertise. Provides constructive feedback to peers and acknowledges efforts and accomplishments of others. Shares knowledge with peers through knowledge. Exercises good judgment.
- Assigns analytics work and project tasks to analysts as needed, monitors task performance and escalate issue to manager.
- Understands general elements of EMR and healthcare documentation and is able to identify problems within existing reporting tools used by end users to inform their decision making
- Report Maintenance: Works with Outcomes Manager and staff to resolve issues
- Accurately outlines and summarizes user requirements. Understands applications and identifies practical, productive use of reports to meet user requirements. Translates user requirements into workable Report. Serves as a resource to users
- Assists in the development of new reports
- Creates Ad Hoc reports as needed by Leadership, PCMH, MU, and Population health, physician and payer incentive programs as needed.
- Communicates with other team members through timely and accurate documentation report files and emails. Shares knowledge with co-workers through clear documentation. Demonstrates ability to clearly articulate information to team mates, leaders and report users.
- Responds to upgrades and changes in the data source to evaluate impact, report and escalate findings as needed. Assure that modifications to reports are completed and communicated to outcomes manager and report users.
- BS required in information systems, computer science, mathematics, finance, statistics, or related field.
- Master's degree preferred in information systems, computer science, mathematics, finance, statistics, or related field.
- Familiarity with healthcare industry or healthcare information systems is preferred
- Preferred 2 years of experience with data aggregation, data warehousing, business intelligence, programming, or statistics experience
- Knowledge of IT systems to extract data
- Comfort working and joining large data sets in excel and ACCESS is preferred.
- Experience and understanding of data sources including 3rd party RDBMS, MS access, SQL server and oracle
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and decision making skills
- Statistical or mathematical skills or experience working with statistics packages (SPSS, SAS, etc) is a plus. Understand and be able to apply visual analytic tools is a plus.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.