How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Assists leader with administrative, scheduling and clerical matters and coordinates the activities of the office through communication with staff from various corporate and division-level departments, support services, public constituents, and co-workers.
- Answers telephone, screen calls, refers to appropriate areas as required.: Calls are answered personally (identifies self by name), courteously and timely. Uses good judgement in screening calls, and direct calls as necessary to the appropriate source.
- Coordinates special meetings, training, and events as required.: Special meetings, training and events are planned and "carried out" with little or no supervision. Activities Committee events, Holiday events.
- Maintains all office supplies and equipment, including tracking inventory and ordering supplies.: Supplies are ordered in a timely manner. Closet area is neat and clean. Proper inventories are met.
- Prepares and maintains department(s) time and attendance reports.: Time sheets are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. Time sheets require no changes when received in Payroll. Accurate record of PTO requests are maintained.
- Prepares and maintains department expenses and annual administrative budget; monitors it on a monthly basis.: Expenses/budgets are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. Budgets are tracked and adhered to with little or no variance.
- Provides clerical support as needed including covering receptionist duties and sorting and distributing mail.: Provides staff assistance and support to facilitate the smooth operation of the office. Mail is opened and sorted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars. Coordinates meeting arrangements including room, equipment, and other specialty items as needed.: Appointments are kept accurately. Arrangements for equipment are handled accurately and within the appropriate time constraints. Services are requested timely so that the staff has internal support services available when needed. Notices, schedules and agendas are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. Minutes/reports are provided as necessary.
- Successful in communicating with internal or external customers under strained and frustrating conditions with few exceptions of a minor nature.: Maintains composure and professionalism in these situations and exhibits good judgment in referring the customer to their supervisor.
- Types all outgoing correspondence, handle all incoming correspondence, and maintains files on correspondence and reports.: Handles all typing and correspondence; works towards achieving error-free, grammatically correct and appropriately formatted documents. Correspondence is completed in a timely manner. Files, record keeping and back up documentation are designed and maintained to allow for easy retrieval of information.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Previous experience working in a hospital environment preferred
- Previous experience working with patients and families preferred
- Bilingual speaking preferred.
- General computer skills, including basic proficiency with Microsoft Office, are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- You must enjoy working with patients and their families
- Have the ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.