HUMC seeking a part-time staff psychologist to join a growing team and play an active role within the Debra Simon Center of Integrative Behavioral Health and Wellness at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, NJ. Patients present with the full range of DSM diagnoses, and are often subject to compound stressors and co-morbid medical conditions. The psychologist will be expected to participate in all phases of the outpatient process: performing intake assessments; developing and updating treatment plans; providing empirically-based treatment groups and individual, outcome-oriented psychotherapy; working with families and community resources to provide patient support; collaborating with the interdisciplinary team; and attending disposition and other staff meetings.
The Psychiatry Department at HUMC is moving towards focused, evidence-based treatments, and the psychologist is expected to play a significant role in facilitating the transition, including training and supervising clinical staff in these approaches. The position will also involve the supervision and mentorship of psychology trainees; and an active role in the development of psychology externship, internship and post-doctoral programs. A psychologist in this position has the potential for significant professional growth, as the Wellness Center develops treatment tracks to meet patient needs and creates programming to reduce patient hospitalizations.
The Psychologist will serve as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team for the purpose of optimizing whole-person health and wellness.
The Psychologist will provide evidence-based treatment for individuals, couples, families, and groups; and provide behavioral health consultation within the medical center.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with allied health professionals to facilitate and support health behavior change
- Understanding HIPAA requirements for mental health records and maintaining appropriate documentation in compliance with legal and ethical standards
- Using a variety of assessment and intervention techniques to address mental health problems.
- Reviewing clinical data and making recommendations for programmatic changes, acquisition of clinical tools, and opportunities for collaboration and innovation, as part of the client organization’s clinical team, as well as within Crossover’s Behavioral Health Guild.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Doctoral degree from APA-accredited program in Clinical Psychology (PhD or PsyD), required
- Completion of APA-approved post-doctoral fellowship
- Current New Jersey State Psychology license
- Proficient in evidence-based treatments (i.e. CBT, ACT and DBT)
- Minimum 5 years related clinical experience serving patients across the mental health and work-related spectrum
- Prior experience supervising and training clinicians
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience providing clinical training and supervision, and a commitment to training the next generation of psychologists
- Sensitivity to multiculturalism and diversity
- Prior experience working in a research environment
- Ability to inspire respect, trust, and confidence
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; including expertise with presentation skills.
- Ability to establish therapeutic alliances and rapport required to work with a diverse patient population
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures while working within the collaborative team framework
- Superior team-building skills
- Experience teaching medical students, doctoral-level interns and post-doctoral fellows, parents
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.