Echo Technologist - Part-time with benefits - Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
A day in the life of an Echo Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Maintains a high level of proficiency in echocardiographic procedures including 2D, doppler, color flow studies, stress echo and TEE
- Communicates abnormal studies directly to the cardiologist
- Maintains an open line of communication with the cardiologists to ensure quality control of echocardiograms
- Possesses an awareness of the patient population taking into account the special needs and behaviors of all age groups to include: geriatric, adult, adolescent and pediatric
- Assists with the training of new employees in the department
- Maintains continuing education according to guidelines set by RDMS/RDCS
- Maintains all equipment and supplies in the echo lab
- Ensures safety for patient, co-workers and self
- Performs clerical duties as needed which include filing of reports, faxing of reports to physican offices
- Demonstrates concern and desire to be helpful and supportive to patients, families, physicians and all members of our health care team
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- BLS certification required.
- Registered sonogrpaher/Echo Technologist required with RDMS or RDCS.
- Must have 2 years experience in a busy hospital setting preferred.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.