Catering To You Associate Opportunities at SOMC
Hackensack Meridian Health is hosting an upcoming interview day for Talented Catering to You Associates at Southern Ocean Medical Center!
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration!
Registration is required to attend.
Candidates who qualify will receive further instructions
Become a part of the team that is changing healthcare at the speed of life!
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system. As a food service associate you will enjoy working with a team of energized peers who together orchestrate a top level food service experience. You are joining a team that prides itself as top ranked in the country for health care dining.
The Catering to You – Patient Dining Associate is responsible in assisting our patients with menu selections and works hand-in-hand with our Food and Nutrition Department.
A day in the life of a Catering To You - Patient Dining Associate at Hackensack MeridianHealth includes:
- Assists our patients with menu selections and works hand-in-hand with our Food and Nutrition Department with assembling selected meals on trays and with the delivery and pick-up of meal trays.
- They will work closely with Nursing regarding various patient diets and meal restrictions and uses this knowledge to cater to specific patient requests and needs all the while keeping meals nutritious and satisfactory.
- In addition, the Patient Dining Associate will be responsible for accurately and effectively adapting to Physician-ordered modified patient diets and ensure an efficient timing of services by providing quality patient customer service.
- High school Diploma or GED is required.
- Customer service skills required.
- Food service experience preferred.
- Strong desire to work in The Healthcare field is necessary
- Proficiency with basic computer skills
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.