Registered Nurse- Home Care- Infusion - Eatontown NJ- Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our full- and part-time benefit eligible team members by offering a Total Rewards package including comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401(k) match and Tuition Reimbursement. Per Diem team members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) match and Travel Reimbursement. At www.TeamHMH.com, you’ll find the information, resources and tools that will help you to be successful at HMH. From great benefits and innovative wellness programs, to robust learning and development opportunities, we continue to cultivate an exceptional work environment where you can do the kind of work that leads to fulfillment and professional growth.
Are you a nurse who is looking for a change? Do you feel overwhelmed and spread too thin in your current job? A return to the HOME could make you fall in love with nursing all over again! Focus on one patient at a time with Hackensack Meridian Health At Home. Our nurses spend valuable and meaningful 1:1 time with patients in their homes, where they feel most comfortable. Do what you do best, with a flexible schedule in a setting with fewer distractions.
We invite you to listen to our team members share what it's like to be part of HMH's Home Care Team:
- Responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients in their home through assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of home nursing care needs on an individual and continuous basis of assigned patients in accordance with organization policies and procedures and external regulations. Demonstrate competency with infusion therapy.
- Assure compliance with appropriate physician orders in a timely manner and that visit frequency follows physician orders. Assure documentation reflects compliance with physician's orders and addresses progression to goals being met at discharge.
- Assure that assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care follow policy, procedure, and standard of care. Demonstrate ability to care for a patient and significant other in a holistic manner. Assure safe patient care is provided. Demonstrate knowledge and competency in completion of assigned treatments and procedures according to established standards and policies. Utilize interdisciplinary team and accurately document all activities.
- Assure clinical judgments and critical thinking reflect professional standards of care and codes of ethics which provide for safe and effective patient outcomes. Appropriately document clinical decisions through appropriate system.
- Identify appropriate payors and remain in compliance with authorizations for self and other disciplines as necessary. Meet payor source guidelines. Maintain visit frequency with authorization range. Utilize secure messaging to insurance nurse for all authorizations.
- Assure documentation of assessment, interventions and planning meet organization time lines. Complete nursing assessment, medication reconciliation and collaborate with physician on Plan of Care. Update care plan within two week period of change in patient status. 6. Implement specific teaching strategies to meet established goals on the plan of care. Assure documentation reflects appropriate teaching strategies in the medical chart that are consistent with goals and plans.
- Report patient care problems to manager or appropriate nursing management personnel and/or physician in a timely manner with possible solutions. Assure documentation indicates case communication. Appropriately utilize manager as a resource.
- Act as liaison among physician, Manager of Clinical Practice and other members of the health care team to ensure effective coordination and appropriate resource referrals. Assure that coordination of services is effective and meets client's needs.
- Communicate pertinent patient information and Plan of Care during transfers of patient care loads, either on a daily basis or whenever vacation days/time-off are scheduled. Complete routine assignments accurately, consistently and independently in a timely manner without the need for supervision. Meet productivity requirements on a consistent basis. Act as clinical supervisor of para-professional home health aide staff. Complete supervisory visits within regulatory time frame and assure visits are documented. Participate in the evaluation of home health aide staff.
- Maintain awareness of new/updated standards and incorporate these into nursing practice throughout continuum of care. Assure documentation in the medical chart demonstrates knowledge of current practices' guidelines.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma Certificate in Nursing
- One (1) Year or More RN Experience
- Ability/Experience with Inserting IVs
- Competency Requirements: 5. With previous and recent IV experience (preferred) within one (1) year: Demonstration with preceptor inserting peripheral line, accessing ports, PICCs and central lines or Without previous experience or experience not within one (1) year: Will complete a vascular access device (VAD) course through HMH and follow up practicum experience in HMH outpatient infusion setting and return demonstration with preceptor inserting peripheral line, accessing ports, PICCs and central lines. ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy Certificate Course obtained within three (3) months of hire (Agency provides paid training) 8. Successful Completion of Infusion Test within probationary period with grade of 80% or higher
- Competent with OASIS Documentation (Agency provides training)
- PC Experience/Skills
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.