Sup, EMS Communications, S ( Full- Time)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Responsible for the daily operations of departmental Communications Center under the authority of Communications senior leadership for the Central region. Oversees Communications Center team members responsible for the planning, scheduling and execution of all service lines involving movement of patients, provisions of services, or logistical transportation of time-sensitive clinical supplies. Ensures timely turnaround of all Communication Center requests for services, and maintains open lines of communications between network, hospital, and EMS stakeholders throughout the HMH service area.
A Day in the Life of A EMS Communications Supervisor at Hackensack Meridian includes:
1. Implements and evaluates results of strategic plan for oversight and performance of all department Communications Centers.
2. Measures and reports key performance indicators as they relate to Communications Center efficiency.
3. Maintains high-reliability communications to internal hospital units, external ems units, external support units and administration
4. Coordinates the initial evaluation, preventative maintenance, repair, and testing of all communications-specific software and hardware utilized in the communications centers.
5. Ensures competency of Communications Center team members with attention to consistency of operations and uniformity of protocols.
6. Oversees evaluation, discipline, scheduling, and documentation of hours of all Communications Center personnel and initiatives in concert with communications senior leadership.
7. Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and regulations governing communications center operations.
8. Completes annual performance reviews for all direct reports and collaborates on annual reviews for indirect reports.
9. Maintains competencies necessary to step in to front line supervisory, communications, and field provider roles as demand requires.
10. Operates personal vehicle and / or department vehicles safely and professionally, in compliance with all laws, rules, and department standards for vehicle operation, and with due regard for the public.
11. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 3 years field experience as an EMS Response Liaison or equivalent in an EMS or medical transportation communications center.
3. Proficiency in navigation of health care related technology, patient care reporting systems, communications/notification software, and written/verbal communication methods.
4. Additional skills including written and verbal communications and problem solving.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience in an EMS or Medical Transportation Communications Center.
1. Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic certification.
2. BLS for Healthcare Provider or equivalent CPR certification.
3. Emergency Medical Dispatcher and Basic Tele-communicator Certification.
4. Incident Command (ICS) 100, 200, and 300.
5. NIMS 700 and 800.
6. Valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s license.
1. Priority Dispatch Emergency Dispatch Quality (EDQ) certification.
2. NEMSMA Managing Paramedic Officer (or higher) or equivalent EMS leadership certification.
3. Six Sigma Yellow Belt or equivalent process improvement methodology certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.