Mobility Asst Veh Op-O2 Cert (Full Time)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Day in the Life of a Mobility Assistance Vehicle Operator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in driving a Mobility Assistance Vehicle.
- Perform all maneuvers / procedures as defined in accordance with Mobility Assistance Vehicle Operator (MAVO) certification and Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) policies.
- Maintain vehicle at the beginning and end of shift with required items for transports utilizing a Vehicle Check List.
- Communicates timely with the Communications Center on status of assignment.
- Safely administers / regulates oxygen up to 6 liters via nasal cannula in a non-emergency setting as prescribed by a healthcare provider.
- Ensures adequate oxygen supply as per company protocol at start and end of shift.
- Ensure that appropriate patient medical documents accompany all transports.
- Thoroughly complete all trip sheets and turn in at the end of shift.
- Decontaminate vehicle interior following transport of patient.
- Must be capable of communicating via written and verbal means in the English language.
- Must operate motor vehicles in a lawful and safe manner, always exercising due regard, while maintaining a motor vehicle driving record in accordance with HMH policy.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.Lifts a minimum of 100 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 100 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification.
- Mobility Assistance Vehicle Operator (MAVO).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.