Medical Assistant Intern- Team Health
Our Medical Assisting Intern provides clinical care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice while applying the skills learned in school. Skills may include clinical and administrative.
A day in the life of a Medical Assistant Intern at Hackensack Meridian Health inculdes:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
- Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs (if certification has already been obtained); provides patient instructions per physician's order; conducts authorized in-office tests.
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice procedure and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider.
- Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment
- May be responsible for assisting with preloading data into EMR system. Data entry and medical record management
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Enrollment in and completion of classroom portion at an accredited school of Medical Assisting
- Have passed, or are eligible to sit for, a National Certified Medical Assistant certificate
- Possess a current AHA BLS CPR certification
- MUST have reliant transportation to the assigned practice every day as scheduled
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.