Emt 911 Responder ( Part- Time)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Administers to and tends to ambulance patients prior to and during transportation. Assure the safe and prompt transportation of ambulance patients while ensuring that the transport is performed in a timely, professional manner with the patient¿s comfort and service excellence being priority. This is a professional job that must remain flexible and may include working in hazardous conditions and in uncontrolled environments. The position requires the necessity to use critical thinking skills to assess, triage, communicate, treat and transport patients during life threatening situations. The EMT must be able to integrate care seamlessly with all other emergency agencies including police, fire, ALS and other BLS. Patient care reports must be completed on each patient. Daily operational tasks are also required in support of the department. All actions must be in accordance with all the State of New Jersey Guidelines in (8:40) regarding Emergency Medical Technicians.
A Day in the life of a EMT 9-1-1 Responder at Hackensack Meridian includes :
1. Responds to calls in a timely manner.
2. Assesses the patient and initiates the appropriate treatment.
3. Observes and reports any pertinent changes in the patient¿s condition or behavior to staff.
4. Assists in the transport process by orienting the patient to the surroundings and obtaining needed items.
5. Safely and effectively transfers patients to the stretcher or bed using proper body mechanics.
6. Attends to the needs of the patient in a timely manner, keeping the patient comfortable in all weather conditions during transport.
7. Transports the patient giving complete report to receiving facility.
8. Performs within the guidelines/regulations established by the NJ State Office of Emergency Medical Services.
9. Must operate motor vehicles in a lawful and safe manner, always exercising due regard, while maintaining a motor vehicle driving record in accordance with HMH policy.
10. Performs pre-operative system check and walk around of the vehicle to check for any hazards before operating the vehicle.
11. Maintains adequate fluid levels during the daily operation and fills the fuel tank before the end of the shift.
12. Maintains the vehicle interior in a clean manner and removes trash and other debris.
13. Demonstrates the safe and appropriate use of all vehicle equipment. Appropriately parks and secures the vehicle when left unattended. 14. Collaborates and communicates with all members of the interdisciplinary team to provide a coordinated efficient method of advanced life support, during emergency calls.
15. Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
16. Operates wireless communication devices in a professional manner.
17. Maintains par levels of necessary supplies, including all equipment and stock in vehicle, cleaning and repairing as necessary, throughout shift.
18. Routinely distributes clean linen and properly disposes of soiled linen.
19. Assists in Emergency Department when requested by the department. Perform various non-patient care functions in support of unit operation.
20. Documents all data and findings in a consistent, comprehensive, and legible manner in accordance with departmental policy and requirements
21. Completes and submits Administrative reports, i.e., incident reports, medication use reports and repair forms including daily shift report. 22. Checks schedule for immediate gaps (example: sick calls) and call for coverage.
23. Participates in the identification, data collection and appropriate resolution of problem areas that may involve patients, other BLS resources, ALS resources and unit staff.
24. Makes a written report of the vehicles deficiencies when identified and submits to the department team leader.
25. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
26. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification New Jersey or Current New Jersey or National Registry EMT-B Certification or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians - Basic Certification or Current New York EMT-Basic Certification.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification or BLS Instructor Trainer
- Valid Drivers License from a USA state.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.