EMS Dispatcher, NonEmergent (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Day in the life of a EMS Dispatcher at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Receives incoming and outgoing calls, differentiates between routine, priority and non-emergency and emergency messages and initiates and follows through on responses as required in a professional and caring manner, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Seeks supervisor or leads assistance in difficult calls.
- Enters responses, calls and data into a computer aided dispatch system to ensure all regulations, standards, guidelines are in compliance and met.
- Complies with all local, state and federal safety and other laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Complies with all established Medical center and departmental rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Complies with established professional and occupational principles, standards, practices, and procedures.
- Collaborates with department members to ensure customer satisfaction and calls are answered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accomplishes all aspects of the job in an operationally efficient, cost-effective and timely manner to ensure patient care is delivered.
- Manages time effectively to reduce downtime of Field Units.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Minimum of 1-year Customer Service Experience in Health Care setting or 1 Year Non-
Emergent Dispatching Experience
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
1. Familiar with computer aided dispatch, dispatch software, UHF/ VHF and other radio
1. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
1. Emergency Medical Technician Certification New Jersey.
2. Basic Tele-communicator Certification.
3. Emergency Medical Dispatcher Certification (NJ State Approved).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.