EMS Dispatcher - Non Emergent (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Partner and act as liaison with EMS department unit response and placement to ensure the efficient flow of Non-emergency transports and the incoming and outgoing telephone and radio submissions. Responsible for responding to calls for non-emergency assistance and in dispatching applicable rescue units. Provide dispatch to EMS Department Units, interact with EMS crews. Coordinate Non-Emergency Transportation requests from contracted facilities including wheelchair and BLS non-emergency transportation. Interact with contracted facilities to assist with movement of patients from contracted facilities. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
A Day in the Life of an EMS Dispatcher at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
• Receives incoming and outgoing calls, differentiates between routine, priority and non-emergency and emergency messages and initiates and follows through on responses as required in a professional and caring manner, while maintaining confidentiality.
• May seek supervisor or leads assistance in difficult calls.
• Enters responses, calls and data into a computer aided dispatch system to ensure all regulations, standards, guidelines are in compliance and met.
• Complies with all local, state and federal safety and other laws, regulations and guidelines.
• Complies with all established Medical center and departmental rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Complies with established professional and occupational principles, standards, practices, and procedures.
• Collaborates with department members to ensure customer satisfaction and calls are answered in a timely and efficient manner.
• Accomplishes all aspects of the job in an operationally efficient, cost-effective and timely manner to ensure patient care is delivered.
• Manages time effectively to reduce downtime of Field Units.
1-year Customer Service Experience in Health Care setting or 1 Year Non-Emergent Dispatching Experience
• Emergency Medical Technician(Preferred), AHA-BLS CPR (Preferred and must obtain within three months of hire), and Basic Tele Communicator(Preferred) and Emergency Medical Dispatch (preferred).
• Familiar with computer aided dispatch, dispatch software, UHF/ VHF and other radio frequencies.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.