Auto Mechanic, Class A - Full Time
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Maintain and repair department vehicles, stretchers, lifts and other equipment as required.
A day in the life of a Auto Mechanic, Class A at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Responsible for repairing fleet vehicles and equipment in emergency situations, as well as, per work-orders.
2. Performs general preventative maintenance work on the fleet vehicles and equipment, as determined by maintenance schedules.
3. Diligently work toward maintaining a clean, organized and safe work environment.
4. Maintain appropriate level of replacement parts for fleet.
5. Evaluates if repairs should be outsourced. Report recommendation to the Supervisor EMS Fleet.
6. Responsible for fleet road calls as required.
7. Must operate motor vehicles in a lawful and safe manner, always exercising due regard, while maintaining a motor vehicle driving record in accordance with HMH policy.
8. Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep abreast of the latest trends in automotive field.
9. Responsible for maintaining the communications equipment (repeaters and vehicle radios).
10. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
11. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
12. Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Minimum of Two (2) Years of Auto Mechanic Vocational School or equivalent experience / school combination
2. Minimum of Three (3) - Four (4) years experience in auto repair shop. Must be able to repair the following at a minimum:
a. Change oil, lube, lights, etc.
b. Flush and filter change on auto transmissions
c. Mount and balance tires
d. Complete major brake jobs
e. Complete gas engine tune-ups
f. Know how to read Wiring Diagrams
g. Check Charging Systems and Batteries
h. Brake System Hydraulic & Air
i. Communications Installation / Minor Repair
j. Changing Fan Belts and Hoses
k. Wheel Alignment
l. Rear Differential Replacement
m. Air Conditioning Repairs
n. Electrical System Repairs
o. Diagnostics Transmissions
p. Front End Replacement
q. Engine Replacement
r. Transmission Replacement
s. Engine Rebuild
t. Transmission Rebuild
3. Minimum of Four (4) years driving experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.