Registered Nurse-Hospital At Home-Middlesex County-Full Time-Benefits
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
For further rewards offered, please visit WWW.TEAMHMH.Com
**THIS POSITION IS FOR THE HOSPITAL AT HOME PROGRAM**
** 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM**
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care to complex patients in their home. This position focuses on expanding knowledge and skills, and provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients.
- Assure compliance with appropriate physician orders in a timely manner and that visit frequency follows physician orders. Assure documentation reflects compliance with physician¿s orders and addresses progression to goals being met at discharge.
- Assure that assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care follow policy, procedure, and standard of care. Demonstrate ability to care for a patient and significant other in a holistic manner. Assure safe patient care is provided. Demonstrate knowledge and competency in completion of assigned treatments and procedures according to established standards and policies. Utilize interdisciplinary team and accurately document all activities.
- Recognizes clinical and diagnostic status changes in patient status
- Assure clinical judgments and critical thinking reflect professional standards of care and codes of ethics which provide for safe and effective patient outcomes.
- Provides nursing care and treatments that reflect the patients¿ needs, advocates appropriately and demonstrates evidence-based nursing practice and compliance with standards.
- Assure documentation of assessment, interventions and planning meet organization time lines. Complete nursing assessment, medication reconciliation and collaborate with physician on Plan of Care.
- Implement specific teaching strategies to meet established goals on the plan of care. Assure documentation reflects appropriate teaching strategies in the medical chart that are consistent with goals and plans.
- Identifies variables in patient/family education needs based on age, disease, and culturally specific learning differences.
- Medication administration and education
- Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills based on nursing knowledge to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Report patient care problems to manager or appropriate nursing management personnel and/or physician in a timely manner with possible solutions. Assure documentation indicates case communication. Appropriately utilize manager as a resource.
- Act as liaison among physicians, and other members of the health care team to ensure effective coordination and appropriate resource referrals. Assure that coordination of services is effective and meets client¿s needs.
- Maintain awareness of new/updated standards and incorporate these into nursing practice throughout continuum of care. Assure documentation in the medical chart demonstrates knowledge of current practices¿ guidelines.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
- Adheres to HMH¿s Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Six (6) or more months of relevant nursing experience
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability to passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus
- IV Experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.