Unit Manager RN
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Subacute Unit Co-Manager will be a driving force to ensure resident care bottlenecks* or set backs* are prevented, thus driving positive clinical outcomes. When bottlenecks and set backs are encountered they will be addressed in a timely and constructive manner with safety and customer satisfaction* being the top priority. Researching and leading the nursing team in the implementation of evidence based best practices will be an expectation of the SA Unit Co-Manager in order to meet positive outcome goals. Achieving and holding a National Certification in area of applicable interest would also be highly recommended for success in this role.
- The SA Unit Co-Manager is the coordinator of all aspects of the resident’s care.
- A resident advocate that ensures all communication hand-offs occurs between healthcare team members, resident and family.
- The SA Unit Co-Manager will familiarize self with all aspects of care regarding a new admission:
- review the initial hospital transfer and patient dashboard information as necessary and communicate with the facility Nurse Practitioner, external case manager and admissions coordinator as needed
- perform or review patient admission assessments and evaluations ensuring accuracy and completion
- review all physician admission orders, history and physical and the medical plan of care
- review all care plans for accuracy and ensure all needed care plans are completed
- The SA Unit Co-Manager will meet all admissions and determine the resident and family understanding and expectations regarding the current plans of care, ensuring that the teams’ plan and the resident and family expectations are the same.
- The SA Unit Co-Manager will communicate with all healthcare team members as needed to ensure accuracy of assessments and to facilitate the plan of care.
- Individual patient’s clinical progress will be tracked daily by the SA Unit Manager to ensure care planning and physician’s orders are implemented.
- The SA Unit Co-Manager will ensure that all treatments, medications, consults, tests, labs etc. will be completed in a timely and accurate manner and results communicated as appropriate to physician, resident and family and other healthcare team members.
- Patients and families will be kept updated with any change in plan, new physician orders and change in resident’s status.
- The SA Unit C-Manger will round on all patients on the SA unit daily and accompany the physician on patient rounds whenever feasible.
- Member of all patient and family care conferences
- Member of at least one monthly Quality Assurance Team (e.g.: Falls Team, Wound Team, Infection Control Team, etc.)
- Member of the Utilization Committee and will assist the social worker with discharge planning as it relates to the continuum of care.
- As a member of the Utilization Committee the SA Unit Manager will strive to meet the timeline requirements for the resident’s care plan goals based on the insurance coverage available. Likewise, the SA Unit manager will seek approval of insurance coverage for any medical and care needs the resident may have.
- Meets all required nursing communication handoffs and documentation standards: 24 hour report, initial admission, weekly and monthly summaries, progress notes, care plan updates etc.
- Policy and Procedures will be followed and upheld.
- Following and implementing evidence –based best practices (EBP) will be a goal of the SA Unit Co-Manager.
- The SA Unit Co-Manager will seek out best EBPs by keeping current with nursing literature and publications, seminar attendance, and professional organization membership.
- The SA Unit Co-Manager will have a basic working knowledge of State and Federal regulation requirements as they relate to LTC and subacute resident care.
- The SA Unit Co-Manager will be a key influence in the success of the State and Federal Survey outcomes as well as Complaint visits being un-substantiated.
- The SA Unit Co-Manager will ensure quality of care and customer satisfaction and will communicate any employee issues that compromise resident care and satisfaction to the Director of the Subacute Program promptly.
- The SA Unit Co-Manager will work closely with the facility Nurse Practitioner and the Staff Development Coordinator as well as the Corporate (MQC) Geriatric Educator in the shared goal of successful integration and ensured bedside competency of all newly hired nurses to the subacute unit. On-going nursing competency will also be expected. Any staff nursing competency issues will be reported promptly to the Director.
* Bottlenecks - * Setbacks – Hold ups and barriers to the care plan goals: E.g. Pain, falls, insomnia, infections, delirium, adverse drug effects and interactions, medications not available, tests and or labs not completed, physician’s not notified etc.
Valid NJ RN license
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.