Unit Manager RN
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Unit Manger RN will assist the Director of Nursing in providing direction and supervision to nursing staff to ensure quality resident care is given on assigned unit. Ensure that all federal/state regulations for documentation and resident care are met. Monitor staff to ensure all facility policies and procedures are followed. Act as a liaison between resident, families, other departments, and outside services to meet resident needs.
A day in the life of a Unit Manager RN at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assesses and evaluates staff to ensure they are providing quality care.
- Ensures staff are knowledgeable of resident care and equipment use.
- Orients new employees to the unit policies and procedures.
- Works with Interdisciplinary Team to ensure quality services are provided.
- Ensures all required documentation is completed as per state/federal guidelines.
- Participates in facility Performance Improvement Program.
- Attends all required meetings as per Director of Nursing.
- Participates in hiring process as needed.
- Disciplines staff as needed.
- Holds monthly communication staff meetings for all shifts and care conferences with patients, families, and the Interdisciplinary Care Team.
- Accountable for 24-hour resident care provided on assigned unit.
- Assists Director of Nursing as needed.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of an approved RN program
- Current with all Continuing Education (CE) requirements
- Perform clinical care professionally
- Serve as patient advocate and role model to other Team Members
- Deliver patient care with minimal disruptions and obstacles
- Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
- BLS Basic Life Support
- CPR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- IV Certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.