Unit Manager Licensed Practical Nurse , Bayshore Nursing & Rehab
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare system.
Assist the Director of Nursing in providing direction and supervision to nursing staff to ensure quality resident care is given on assigned unit. Ensures all federal/state regulations for documentation and resident care are met. Monitors staff to ensure all facility policies and procedures are followed. Acts as a liaison between resident, families, other departments, and outside services to meet resident needs.
Essential Generic Job Functions:
- Assesses and evaluates staff to ensure they are providing quality care.
- Ensures staff are knowledgeable of resident care and equipment use.
- Orients new employees to the unit policies and procedures.
- Works with Interdisciplinary Team to ensure quality services are provided.
- Ensures all required documentation is completed as per state/federal guidelines.
- Participates in facility Performance Improvement Program.
- Attends all required meetings as per Director of Nursing.
- Participates in hiring process as needed.
- Disciplines staff as needed.
- Accountable for 24-hour resident care provided on assigned unit.
- Assists Director of Nursing as needed.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Completion of an approved LPN program
- Current with all Continuing Education (CE) requirements
- Perform clinical care professionally
- Serve as patient advocate and role model to other Team Members
- Deliver patient care with minimal disruptions and obstacles
- Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- NJ LPN License
- BLS Basic Life Support
- CPR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- IV Certification
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.