Special Procedures Technician - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Special Procedures Tech is responsible for performing a variety of duties to assist in conducting prescribed specialized radiologic procedures in the Special Procedures area.
A day in the life of a Special Procedures Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Maintains adequate inventory of materials and various supplies and recommends procurement of necessary supplies.
2. Coordinates scheduling of patients with admitting department, referring physicians, nursing staff and inter-departmental sections.
3. Documents all charges and radiology charges for each exam.
4. Provides instruction to technologists and auxiliary personnel through formal and informal education.
5. Maintains standards of radiation safety throughout the department.
6. Assists Radiologists and other qualified physicians (under Radiologist supervision) in performing Special Procedure.
7. Calculates and selects proper electronic and technical factors, positions patients, and adjusts x-ray table to achieve optimum radiographs.
8. Ensures patients' safe transfer into and out of Special Procedures suite.
9. Processes all radiographic and prepares film/images for review by radiologist.
10. Organizes and coordinates studies with previous x-ray studies.
11. Uses sterile techniques while assisting or setting up sterile trays and necessary equipment.
12. Maintains special procedures room for cleanliness, supplies, etc, following each exam.
13. Operates radiographic equipment integrally with mechanical injector at injection rate and amount directed by radiologist.
14. Provides direct patient care to all age groups from neonatal to geriatrics.
15. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
16. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
17. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an approved School of Radiography.
2. One-year experience in Special Procedures.
3. Registration with the ARRT.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Diagnostic Radiography License.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. VI Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or CV Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.