How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
To assist the Unit Managers in monitoring and coordinating resident care given by the certified nursing assistants on the unit. Responsible for supervising, training, and evaluating performance of the CNAs and ensuring quality resident care.
A day in the life of a Resident Assistant includes:
- Accountability: Personal conduct and work behavior projects self -control, cooperative interactions with others and acceptance of responsibility for own actions.
- Committee Representative: Participates on committees as requested by supervisor.
- Customer Service: Delivers the highest level of service to all residents, families and visitors. Follows the Meridian Way and Rules of Service to ensure satisfaction.
- Documentation Compliance: Monitors CNA required documentation. All required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Growth and Development: Assists in orientation of new CNAs. Newly hired CNAs are adequately trained to perform quality resident care and follow facility policies and procedures.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Handles special projects and rush assignments as needed, in a timely manner.
- Performance Improvement: Assists with various Performance Improvement rounds to assess unit cleanliness, quality of care, etc. Unit is maintained in a clean and orderly manner. Patients are well groomed and their needs are met. Monitors personal laundry of Residents.
- Prepares Assignments: Prepare assignments after reviewing care plans with Unit Manager. Assignments are completed and updated timely to include individual resident needs.
- Restorative Nursing: Functions as Restorative Aide in their absence.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CNA or CHHA certification
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Time-management skills
- Multitasking and organizational skills
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.