How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Resident Assistant provides direct resident care to ensure resident’s plan of care is followed. Completes all required documentation as per state/federal guidelines. Follows all facility policies and procedures.
A day in the life of a Resident Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Demonstrates ability to provide appropriate resident care
- Provides resident care as per Resident Care Plan
- Ensures that all assigned residents are clean, neatly dressed and groomed, safe, and fed during assigned shift hours
- Reports any unusual changes in resident condition to Charge Nurse. Communicates pertinent information and actual or potential problems to charge nurse throughout the shift
- Completes all required documentation as per facility/state/federal policies
- Encourages residents to socialize and participate in activities
- Provides reality orientation and motivation when necessary
- Participates in Resident conferences and contributes to Nursing Care Plan of a Resident
- Participates in re-motivation programs
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred
- NJ Board of Nursing CHHA certificate or a Certified Nursing Assistant Certification is required
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be organized and have good observation and communication skills
- Must be able to read and write English
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.