- Requisition # 2023-136165
- StatusPer Diem
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Physical Therapist evaluates, plans and implements a goal oriented Physical Therapy treatment program that focuses on restoring function and preventing further disability as a result of trauma, disease, amputation, congenital defects, surgery and other debilitating illness.
A day in the life of a Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Committee Representative: Participates on committees as requested by Supervisor
2. Customer Service: Delivers the highest level of service to all residents, families and visitors.
3. Delivery of Care: Models and maintains a safe environment in which to deliver services and employs correct body mechanics during activities. Demonstrates and implements appropriate treatment techniques and skills with residents. Completes resident treatments as scheduled.
4. Discharge Planning: Discharge planning established at initial evaluation and updated throughout the course of therapeutic treatment. Discharge summaries are completed in a timely manner, reflecting goal achievement and functional status with appropriate recommendations.
5. DME Assessment: Demonstrates appropriate knowledge in assessing the need for DME for residents to improve their functional independence safety. Follows through with appropriate professionals to ensure proper fitting of the wheelchair to the resident. Educates the resident/family about the proper use and care of the wheelchair.
6. Documentation Compliance: Prepares written documentation such as Progress Notes, Reassments and Discharge Summaries. Progress notes and Reassessments are completed as per departmental policy and procedure, and monitor the resident's status and progress towards goal achievement. Short term goals are updated and treatment plans are modified, as appropriate. The Discharge Summary reflects the resident's current status, outcomes achieved, and recommendations for further services or interventions, as appropriate.
7. Documentation of Re-Evaluations: Re-evaluations are completed in a timely manner. Goals and treatment plan updated as per departmental policy.
8. Effective Communication: Develops a rapport and mutual respect with the resident to foster an optimum environment for goal achievement. Provides education to residents/families based upon the identified learning needs, in a manner that the residents/families can demonstrate their understanding.
9. Evaluation Information Gathering: Gathers all information necessary to properly evaluate the resident's needs as per department policy, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate. The content of the evaluation contains data as outlined by departmental policies and is completed within time frames as specified in departmental policies.
10. Other Duties As Assigned: Handles special projects and rush assignments as needed, in a timely manner.
11. Patient Rapport: Develops a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver and team members to foster an optimum environment of goal achievement.
12. Patient/Caregiver Education: Provides and documents education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner.
13. Plan of Care: Develops and implements an individualized treatment program based on established goals.
14. Productivity: Completes patient treatments within acceptable departmental productivity range and documents on daily charge sheet.
15. Prosthetic/Orthotic Devices: Demonstrates appropriate judgment in ordering and measuring the resident for a prosthetic/orthotic device. Assesses the fit and function of the device and the need for adjustments to ensure proper utilization. Develops with the resident and other personnel, as appropriate, a wearing schedule to begin functional use. Educates the resident/family about the proper fit and function of the device and signs of malfunction which would indicate the need for intervention.
16. Resident Goal Setting: Formulates functionally based/objective short and long term goals. Incorporates evaluative findings in establishing time oriented functional and measurable short and long term goals.
17. Respect of Resident's needs: Administers the evaluations in a manner appropriate to the resident's disability, demonstrating respect for the resident's needs.
18. Safety and Body Mechanics: Therapy is provided in a safe environment, utilizing proper body mechanics.
19. Treatment Program: Develops and implements an individualized program of treatment focused on identified resident needs. Focuses on achievement of the established goals. Participates in the ongoing development of the discharge plan that was initiated at the time of initial evaluation. Provides the appropriate assistive/adaptive devices and durable medical equipment to the resident to improve their independence in function. Ensures the proper utilization and clinical appropriateness of the device/equipment and educates the resident/family about its use and safety.
20. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
21. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an APTA accredited program or equivalent.
2. Standing, walking and/or continuously moving around
3. Kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling or working in other unusual physical positions
4. Climbing (including ladders, stepping stools, and/or stairs) or balancing
5. Stretching and/or reaching to retrieve/replace object
6. Pushing, pulling, lifting and/or carrying heavy objects (20 lbs. or more) without aid of physical devices
7. Dexterity and eye-hand coordination to perform activities which involve holding, positioning, manipulating, typing (keyboarding or data entry), etc.
8. Visual ability to monitor instruments and computers, distinguish characters (letters, numbers, etc.) recognize colors, observe physical characteristics, etc.
9. Hearing ability to recognize sounds, sound patterns and/or other auditory stimuli
10. Physical ability to react/respond quickly in emergencies, including life threatening situations
11. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
12.Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Physical Therapist License.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Ob/Gyn Physician - Deal LakeHMHMG SPECIALTY CARE 570 Asbury Park, New Jersey
Medical Receptionist- Oncology (Physician Practice)HMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Psychiatric Unit- Belle Mead - PT/NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Belle Mead- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.