- Requisition # 2023-139000
- StatusPer Diem
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
- Provide patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the guests/patients served in assigned service
- Provide for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through practice, judgment and critical actions
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status and rendered care
- Participate in Unit/Department Performance Improvement [PI] activities Specific Job Functions may include but not limited to:
- Welcomes patients and checks for proper identification bracelets.
- Prepares the patient for assessment/admission, physical examination and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds to opportunities to enhance patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to age of patients on the unit.
- Obtains clinical data, temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, O2 saturation and documents findings in patient record and notifies RN immediately of abnormal results.
- Draws intravenous or capillary blood from newborn through geriatric aged patients using proper aseptic collection techniques, assure appropriate labeling and processing of specimens to expedite throughput of patients.
- Performs venipuncture for laboratory tests
- Demonstrates a reliable and dependable ability to follow through with designated responsibilities in the collecting, labeling, and transporting of specimens to the proper area at the appropriate time: always correctly labels type of specimen collected, including patients name and room number.
- Performs EKG for patients as directed.
- Applies bandages, slings, compression boots and hypothermia blankets according to standard as directed by RN.
- Assists in the transport of patient to departments or units upon request.
- Assists with preparation as necessary assuring the patient is assisted with meals/ or fed as needed.
- Checks inventory of assigned area and restocks as directed.
- Provides direct hygiene and comfort care to patients including bathing, toileting, oral hygiene, incontinent care, and bed making.
- Assists the patients with dressing/undressing and placing patient belongings in the appropriate bag labeled with completed property checklist. Monitors the return of clothing to family of patient.
- Performs and documents glucose finger sticks and collects other specimens as directed.
- Provides post mortem care
- Obtains and documents patient weights and observes and documents patient's intake and output.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Completion of one of the following:
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or Patient Care Technician program or
- Fundamentals of Nursing program from an accredited school of nursing or
- HMH PCT Apprenticeship Program or
- Equivalent medical background experience, such as EMT, Home Health Aide, CMA, MA, PCT, Nursing Assistant.
- Note: Candidates that have not completed one of the programs but meets the other requirements will be considered for selection into the HMH PCT Apprentice Program.
If selected, the candidate will be hired into the role of PCT Apprentice. Upon successful completion of the HMH PCT Apprenticeship Program the candidate will be transferred to the Patient Care Technician role.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification (must be obtained by completion of onboarding)
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Behavioral Health -Carrier Clinic- FT with BenefitsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Mental Health Technician-Behavioral Health- Float Unit- Carrier Clinic - PT/Evening with benefitsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Mental Health Technician- Behavioral Health-Float Unit - Carrier Clinic- PT with benefitsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.