Nursing Unit Secretary
How have you impacted someones life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare system.
Unit Secretary's duties and responsibilities are to provide administrative support for the patient's units and execute all assigned administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
1. Performs secretarial/clerical duties, including letter writing, typing, filing, and completing reports, postings, computer work, fax, and copier.
2. Prepares and assembles forms, charts, and records. Maintains patient records.
3. Enters lab slips into charts. Places completed consult forms in the chart.
4. Responsible for pick-up and delivery of Medical Records for discharged/expired charts and excess records.
5. Provide support, as needed, across multiple floors and Units
6. Provides clerical support as needed for the Unit.
7. Maintains all office supplies and equipment, including tracking inventory and notifying Nursing Secretary when supplies are needed. Ensure proper inventories are met.
8. Responsible for maintaining and organizing nursing station. Keeps work area neat and clean. Operates the telephone by screening and directing calls for staff members and residents. Phone is answered as quickly as possible and in a courteous manner. Accurate and complete messages are logged and conveyed promptly.
9. Identifies and promptly reports all real and potential problems to the designated supervisor. Keeps DON, Supervisor, and Nursing Office Secretary informed of problems and progress toward solution.
10. Participates on committees, as requested by supervisors.
11. Assists and directs visitors and residents in accordance with the facility policies. Maintains confidentiality of all residents.
12. Print physician orders monthly and enter information into the patient record.
13. Schedules appointments, calls in consultations and arranges medication transportation to and from appointments.
14. Print Face Sheets, as needed, such as: emergencies, appointments, consults, etc.
15. Delivers the highest level of service to all residents, families and visitors.
16. Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team Members, patients, family/significant others and visitors.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. General understanding of medical terminology
3. Serve as a role model to other Team Members
4. Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
2. One year experience at long-term care and rehabilitation facility experience
3. Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
4. Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.