Nurse Manager - Cardiovascular Services - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the delivery of clinical services. Manages clinical and support staff. Responsible and accountable for daily operations to achieve best practice and organizational objectives. The Nurse Manager is responsible for implementation of the strategic plan and standards of care and practice in accordance with regulatory requirements within Cardiovascular Services. NM will also have direct oversight of cardiac diagnostics and Cardiac Rehab along with the Invasive Cardiovascular Lab (Cath Lab).
S/He develops coordinates, integrates and oversees inter-disciplinary programs, monitors performance standards and existing practices and designs new systems to improve organizational performance and staff competence.
S/He is responsible for demonstrating leadership, providing staff development, ensuring competence and collaborating with Medical Staff and Senior Management to deliver high quality, cost-effective care across the continuum. He/she is responsible for the daily operations of the observation medical- surgical inpatient telemetry unit. S/He will have strong knowledge of performance improvement, manage and coordinate the activities of the Nursing Team to ensure patient care is provided in accordance with established standards and regulatory requirements.
A day in the life of an Nurse Manager at Hackensack Meridian includes the following responsibilities:
- Administration and evaluation of quality nursing care
- Leadership of clinical and non-clinical staff
- Daily operations to achieve best practices and organizational objectives
- Scheduling/Staffing/Finance/Budgeting/Payroll and other operational activities of the unit
- Performance Assessments of Team Members
- Talent Selection and other Human Resource tasks
- Performance Improvement Initiative Projects
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required; Master's Degree preferred
- Licensure: Current NJ RN License & BLS certification is required
- National certification in Cardiovascular Nursing required or within 6 months of hire.
- Experience: Demonstrated clinical competence with a minimum of 5 years Cardiac Cath in a hospital environment. Minimum of 3 years nursing unit managerial experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to manage staff, budgets and productivity
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Leadership and motivational skills. Critical thinking, program development and project management skills. Skilled in group facilitation and/or team building is a must.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.