Nurse Manager Assistant - 2 East - Med/Surg - F/T Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Nurse Manager Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
The Nurse Manager Assistant is responsible for the delivery of clinical services. Manages clinical and support staff. Responsible and accountable for daily operations to achieve best practice and organizational objectives. The Nurse Manager Assistant is responsible for implementation of the strategic plan and standards of care and practice in accordance with regulatory requirements within the unit. S/He develops, coordinates, integrates and oversees inter-disciplinary programs, monitors performance standards and existing practices and designs new systems to improve organizational performance and staff competence.
S/He is responsible for demonstrating leadership, providing staff development, ensuring competence and collaborating with Medical Staff and Senior Management to deliver high quality, cost-effective care across the continuum. He/she is responsible for the daily operations of the unit with a focus on caring for patients. S/He will have strong knowledge of performance improvement, manage and coordinate the activities of the Nursing Team to ensure patient care is provided in accordance with established standards and regulatory requirements.
The responsibilities include administrative duties such as scheduling/ staffing and payroll. She/he is expected to lead all PI initiatives on nights including PU prevention using Service Provider Reports. Monitoring performances on an ongoing basis for better clinical outcomes is very important. The ANM acts as an extension of the leadership on nights. Coaching and counseling as directed by the Nurse Manager and completing performance evaluation for night shift are also part of the responsibilities. The responsibilities are not limited to the above but expectations will set up as required for the patient population that we serve.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required. MSN a plus
- Licensure: Current NJ RN License is required
- An active BLS/CPR certification from the American Heart Association is required, ACLS preferred. Nationally Certified in Specialty highly preferred. Will be required to obtain National Certification within nine (9) to twelve (12) months
- Experience: Demonstrated clinical competence with a minimum of 2 years Nursing experience
- Prior Assistant Manager or Supervisor experience highly preferred
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Leadership and motivational skills. Critical thinking, program development and project management skills. Skilled in group facilitation and/or team building is a must
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our team members, patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.