Manager Resource Management
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Manager of Care Management is accountable for the direction, growth and development, compliance, financial revenue, quality performance, and implementation of best practices for the department. This role provides leadership and oversees the functions and performances of the Care Management department which includes Utilization Management, Discharge and transition of care coordination, Disease Management, and Clinical Documentation. This position reports directly to the Corporate Director of Care Management to establish system wide processes and develop best practices for system implementation.
A day in the life of a Manager of Care Management at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Assisting in bed flow management with admitting and nursing management, discharge planning, denials management, resource consumption, patient satisfaction, LOS management, readmissions and reduction initiatives
- Responsibility for physician education relating to care management practices with appropriate documentation as it relates to regulatory agencies
- Overseeing the department’s daily activities and functions such as hiring, orientation, staffing, assignments, performance evaluations, mentoring and professional growth
- Working closely and collaborating daily with physician advisors, social service supervisors, hospitalists, nurse practitioners and all department managers within the hospital
- Current and valid NJ Registered Nurse and BSN OR Current and valid NJ LCSW with MSW is required
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience is preferred
- Must have two (2) or more years of experience in care management
- Must have CCM or ACM, or must complete CCM or ACM within three (3) years of hire
- Must have knowledge of CMS CoP, TJC, and state regulatory directives, and third party ad managed care principles
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.