Licensed Practical Nurse at Bayshore Health Care Center
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Hackensack Meridian Nursing and Rehab (HMNR) offers various programs designed to advance your nursing skills and your career! To ensure that our nurses can balance work, life and continuing education, HMNR makes it a priority to accommodate flexible work schedules for nurses who are enrolled in nursing degree programs.
The Hackensack Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation (HMNR) RN Nurse Residency Program is a twelve-month program developed to expand upon critical thinking capacity of new RNs as they are guided and supported in the transition from student nurse to RN practice. Nurse Residents (NR) are expected to be active participants, fully engaged in the learning process and committed to completing the requirements of this twelve-month program. There are two tracks: one for new to practice licensed RNs and one for seasoned Rehab LPNs who have attained an RN License. At the completion of the twelve-month program, there is a graduation ceremony and a monetary award of $1,000 for each graduate! After graduation, the RN will be eligible to apply for the Senior Nurse position, which is an introduction to Leadership responsibilities/roles.
Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing and Rehabilitation's (HMNR) clinical ladder program, signified as the Clinical Advancement and Recognition of Excellence or C.A.R.E., is an outcome based clinical recognition program for which clinical nurses are acknowledged and rewarded for achieving and demonstrating increased levels of expertise, and for their ability to make an impact on resident/patient outcomes at the bedside. All part-time (over 20 hours/week) and full-time clinical nurses who have met expectations on the Annual Performance Appraisal are eligible to apply after one (1) year of service. This includes all "hands-on" RNs and LPNs, including unit managers, supervisors, and case managers. Additional compensation of $1 per hour is provided to approved participants who satisfy the activity requirements and eligibility standards of this program.
In addition to these programs, RNs receive additional compensation of $2 per hour for obtaining their BSN, and all nursing roles are eligible for additional compensation for earning and maintaining up to two approved nursing certifications at $1 per hour for each certification.
Please review the current shift patterns at our various sites:
Bayshore Health Care Center: Four 10-hour shifts for RNs and LPNs
Nursing & Rehab at Wall: Three 12-hour shifts for RNs and LPNs
Nursing & Rehab at Brick: Three 12-hour shifts for RNs and Five 8-hour shifts for LPNs
Nursing & Rehab at Shrewsbury: Varied/flexible shift patterns for RNs and LPNs
Manor by the Sea in Ocean Grove: Varied/flexible shift patterns for RNs and LPNs
A day in the life of a Licensed Practical Nurse at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Administering medications and treatments as per physician orders
- Assisting in the supervision of nursing assistants
- Assisting with developing and implementing plans of care for residents
- Ensuring that documentation meets all state/federal guidelines. Documentation indicates accuracy of charting:
- Plan of Care
- Administration of meds
- Ensuring all medications/treatments of assigned residents are given as ordered
- Performing and assist with direct patient care as needed
- Ensuring resident has proper equipment and adaptive devices as ordered
- Co-ordinating resident care with other facility departments
- Assessing and identify any changes in resident condition and needs and report to charge nurse
- Must be a graduate of accredited school of practical nursing
- Current and valid LPN license in the State of New Jersey is required
- Current and valid BLS/CPR Certification by American Heart Association is required
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a medical office is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.