Inventory Control Specialist
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Responsible for purchasing and arranging for the purchase and procurement of a variety of clinical materials, supplies, and equipment. Maintains all department inventory. Inputs and maintains clinical support software. Responsible to provide coordination of all operations within the Medical Records Department, including record completion, release of information, record storage, filing and retrieval.
1. Accounts Payable: Codes all supply invoices accurately and timely. Records information on spend down log.
2. BioMed: Coordinating equipment to go to BioMed for preventative maintenance and repairs as needed.
3. Committee Representative: Participates on committees as requested by supervisor.
4. Customer Service: Delivers the highest level of service to all residents, families and visitors. Follows the Meridian Way and Rules of Service to ensure satisfaction.
5. Inventory: Maintains inventory records and ensures supplies are ordered timely to maintain proper par levels.
6. Ordering: Processes departmental orders for all supplies and equipment used in the nursing department. Orders are appropriately placed with the vendor/supplier. Ensures competitive pricing. Re-orders stock as necessary.
7. Stocking: Stocks incoming supplies in the medical supply room and syringe closet and checks all supplies for expiration dates. Inventories and stocks the supply room on a daily basis. Supplies stocked to operate equipment are readily available.
8. Other Duties as Assigned: Handles special projects and rush assignments as needed, in a timely manner.
1. Long periods of sitting with frequent standing, walking or moving.
2. Requires periods of keying on computer terminal to input information.
3. Requires constant verbal communication in person or using the phone.
4. Requires frequent reading of correspondence, email, reports, material, etc.
5. Lifting > 25 pounds.
6. Extended wearing of PPE.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent Education, Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Interpersonal and customer service skills
2. Time-management skills
3. Multitasking and organizational skills
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.